- A trial attorney with 35 years of experience.
- Opened the Law Office of Sylvia Lopez in 1985.
- Has handled multi-million dollar cases and in 2014 acquired a 15.7 million dollar jury verdict for her client.
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California Berkeley in 1977.
- Graduated with a Juris Doctorate degree from the University of California Los Angeles Law School in 1980.
- A member of the California State Bar, Kern County Bar Association, Kern County Women Lawyer’s Association.
- A mother of three, two sons and a daughter.
- She grew up in a Spanish-speaking farm worker family in the farm town of Clarksburg, southwest of Sacramento.